Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Watery Rebirth

I am from the explosion of a thousand stars
The iron from their irritable bellies
cast across time and space
Coalescing in a coursing river of veins and arteries
A product of universal orgasms.

I am from a fiery pink linage
This mystery that weaves though
our history.
We’ve created, healed, and empowered
We were thrown amongst the logs
Not good enough for stakes.
A phoenix with rainbow feathers.

I am from a circle of sisters,
Whose father left a wake of broken hearts
From the muddy banks of a lake called Marrion.
Their laughter and cries carried them through life.
A chores of strings vibrates in my throat.

I am from the edge of a city
with dreams of a family.
Whose hand crafted wood and
raised children from the ground up.
His arms embraced us and learned to love.
A love of expanded definitions has evolved.

I am from Suburbia: Land of The Linear Process
I am from Gitchi Gummi, she nurtured my education.
I am from an angry river valley, land of my forbearers.
She tears me down, and builds me back up.
The waters recede, exposing more than was there before.
A phoenix who cries holy love.

No comments: