Monday, September 26, 2011

STEVE


Steve has arrived… of sorts. 

I feel the most confident I have been about this story in a while. Yes, I sent it into Palooka: The journal of Underdog Excellence but while re-reading Steve a week ago (and catching several spelling errors and grammatical infractions) I decided to go through it once again. So yes, it’s a few hundred words longer, and feels more polished. Of course I could work on it some more but what artist doesn’t feel that way about their creations. 

So in this light I really want to resubmit my work to Palooka but seeing how the dead line is about 3 days away… I don’t know. I think I’ll just take my chances. 

That being said, I’ve run a small amount of hard copies (cover page and everything) of Steve. I want to sell them for $5.00 each cause the print shop isn’t free. I know five bucks can seem like a lot for 30 some pages of fiction writing but here’s my reasoning for charging.

A)     A) I’m hella broke. No the profit on the books won’t account for much other than covering the cost of printing.
B)      B) I need to get my name out there and I want to be taken seriously. In our economy, if a monetary value is attributed it is worth something. So there is that fun piece.
C)      That’s basically it.
Shoot me an e-mail or text or call me it you want a copy. I would love to share my work with you and in turn help spread your creative works as well.

No comments: