Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New Moon, New Names, New Projects

Happy New Moon Everyone.

So as you know these last few weeks (if not months) has been a very big transitional period for me. Graduation, then all the shifting duty’s and attitudes around the farm, not to mention the ever present changing of the seasons, then that ended and I moved back to Lakeville. That's a lot for less than seven months. Now I’m looking for a job in the non-profit sector as opposed to agriculture (still wondering if that’s the right choice). On top of all that, I’m really trying focusing on the writing, which if you are reading this blog, I do truly thank you.

With all of these changes I feel the need to renovating and reconstructing my public identity. I’ve been published under Charles Grabuski in the Roaring Muse, The Naked Feather, and the short story The Illumination of Queen Bees (P.S. there are only two copies left). I have an urban occult story out for consideration from Anarchron Press in the UK under then name Charles Joseph Grabuski. I really hope that one will get published cause that would be awesome. Send some prayers and energy my way. But my full name sounds to clunky. It’s a bit long and I’d like something a bit more condensed; a byline that maybe sounds and looks a little more authorial.


In the new moon light (or absence thereof) I’m choosing CJ Grabuski as my new byline. I like it. It’s quick, to the point and retains my last name which I truly do love. Future husband, please realize that I will be keeping my last name but will consider hyphenating.

With this new name, I’m also switching email addresses. I’m keeping my university e-mail (grabu004@d.umn.edu) as my main/professional address but for the writing, the short stories, and The Lunacy Project, I’ve created cjgrabuski@gmail.com. Either will be ways fine ways of contacting me. The website is currently under development as I construct something more professional than the Google site. I’m keeping it up and running for now seeing how I’m trying to stay focused on the writing aspect of the whole thing. In fact, besides sending off three resumes, I've started a novella today.

Speaking of the New Moon: there’s just over a week left to sign up for this month’s story (or sign up for a whole year if the spirit moves you). This month’s story is really good. I’m really proud of it. I hope you in turn will find it just as good.

NEW PROJECT
Kailey Mo Becker is an amazing graphic designer and dear friend of mine and together we have created the Ten Words or Less project. Simply put, I’ve written little phrases from various stories I’ve gotten published or put up on the blog. From these ten words (or less) she creates beautiful pieces of art. She has a passion for typefaces and a keen eye for fresh design. If you like them, like the page, share it on your wall, tell your friends. If you would like a print,  please let either her or me know by shooting us an e-mail. They are 6inx6in so keep that in mind. We are currently working out printing and pricing options. There will be a formal page on each of our websites once things are finalized. In the mean time check back often for more updates on the project. Thank you for your support.

3 comments:

My Inner Chick said...

I could not comment on your other site, but I had to tell you how much I LOVED loved your poem about the "Sisters."

Fabulously breathtaking.

**You breathe with shallow breaths.
Your limps will grasp at empty air to find her.
Your ears will only hear the blood
that use to be where she was.
That is how you will live.**

Yes, this is how I am living...

My Inner Chick said...

I could not comment on your other site, but I had to tell you how much I LOVED loved your poem about the "Sisters."

Fabulously breathtaking.

**You breathe with shallow breaths.
Your limps will grasp at empty air to find her.
Your ears will only hear the blood
that use to be where she was.
That is how you will live.**

Yes, this is how I am living...

MarkusIronwood said...

I'm glad you like my poem "Breakfast with Inanna". It was a pretty presonal poem and I'm glad you could relate. I don't know your story but I hope/pray you find solace, peace, and harmony.
-with love
CJ