Thursday, March 11, 2010

February

*Work in progress*

It’s mid February here and though the days are bright and the sun melts the edges of snow banks 8 feet tall, the wind is bitter cold as ever. The Full Snow Moon lights my way as I walk back to my on campus apartment. I know that here in Duluth it is suppose to be cold now, but as a botanist and a one who doesn’t care for foot wear, I’m getting a bit sick of the cold and wish for more photosynthesis in my place of dwelling

I long for the late days of April when the trees are budding and the grass give off the cold musty smell right after a few days of clouds and rain. The bold colors of tulips, daffodils and crocus play on a backdrop of sage green prairie grass in my reoccurring dreams. The first tender leaves of salad and fresh mozzarella, home made of course, with sprigs of borage with its cucumber like taste makes a light, fresh, and sweetly orgasmic meal. The creeks run full and fast with the melting snow and I sit besides them as tiny insects dance in the waters. The spiral grass homes the wasps whom will soon take to the skies and make their papery nests among the trees. Birds sing love songs with the returning sun and by Beltane will have made nests with their companions. I sit among my brothers and sisters and revel in the turning of the earth. Crow sits among the high branches and draws my attention to the world above. The great blue sky, so open, so vast, sprawls from horizon to horizon; encompassing all half of the cosmosphere. Feathery clouds dissipate into the azure.

1 comment:

Sara Ann said...

I am becoming more and more delightfully pagan with every word of yours I read...

Sweet Mama Earth!