Tuesday, October 2, 2012

After the Autumnal Equinox

Hello all you beautiful people.

So I'm going to apologize for being so distant these last few months. The farm has been quite crazy this year and as it was I did not write nearly as much as I would have liked to this summer. The energy for creative writing was just not there. The inspiration was sporadic and the ideas seamed lack luster. What I have written isn’t that good in my opinion and needs a lot work before I submit it to publishers and/or post it to the blog. I have an idea for a novel at the moment and I’m working making the plot all come together. I’ve tried scaling it back to be novelette or novella but each time I try to do so it wants to get bigger and longer. In short it is a work in progress.
Other ideas come and go like clouds. Like the clouds this summer, these literary clouds rarely –if ever—produced rain. I have several documents with half formed ideas, stories that go nowhere, so many characters and settings that are dead ends… for now.
The farm work is slowly coming to an end for year I’m preparing to move on with my life. I’m planning on moving back to Duluth, finding a paying job, becoming a mentor, and continuing to work on my writing. There are many steps to this process and I hope you will be a part of them in one way or another.
The muse is stirring again. I’m finding more energy for writing after work. The story ideas feel better and come out sounding more put together, and for that I am thankful. I’m formulating a project that will hopefully be a step forward in my writing career and you –yes you dear reader-- can be a part of it too. More on this in the near future so stay tuned.
The next few months will be a little hectic for me but I’m excited to grow and see where the threads of fate lead. Where ever I end up, and for whatever period of time, I promise to feed those creative fires more, to make them a more prominent part of my life, and to deliver beautiful stories.

No comments: