Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Lunacy Project

I’m so excited to be able to bring this to all you wonderful people. As some of you may know, I’ve been working on this project for a while now. Well today is the day I launch what I’m calling The Lunacy Project. This is a crowd sourcing opportunity to bring you, dear readers, my work.

I’m continuing to submit work to magazines, on-line and other wise, and other publishers but in the mean time I would like to give you a chance to read original works approximately once a month. Every lunar cycle you will receive a piece of short fiction no less than fifteen hundred words in length; some months will be significantly longer. Each full moon you will find a new story in your in-box or your mail box. Subscribers are encouraged to send inspirations, setting ideas, and character descriptions if they so choose to.

Email subscriptions will be sent as a pdf.

Snail mail subscriptions will be sent a few days before the full moon to ensure you will receive it at approximately the same time as the e-mail subscribers. Depending on the speed of the mail, you might even get it before the full moon. These will be printed on high-quality paper, signed, and sealed with wax. This is by far the more impressive and amusing option.

Subscribe at least five days before the full moon in order to receive that cycles story. To make this happen I’m asking for $5.00 for paper subscriptions and $3.00 for the pdf. A full year’s worth of stories –there are about thirteen full moons a year—is $50.00 for paper and $30.00 for the pdf. If you are an e-mail subscriber and wish to get a hard copy of that cycle’s story, I ask for $3.00 to cover paper, wax, and shipping costs. Feel free to e-mail me at grabu004@gmail.com for more information.

Thank you so much for indulging me in this quest. Your participation is greatly appreciated and I’m delighted to be able to make this a reality. If you should chose to sign up now, the first story goes out on the October 29th.

No comments: